- A genuine interest in migrating to the province of Quebec;
- The ability to create his or her own job by practicing in Quebec the profession or trade he or she has had experience in;
- A net worth of at least C$100,000 (this can be shared assets too, wherein the assets are shared between the applicant and the applicant’s spouse or common-law partner);
- Been working in the profession or trade for a period of at least 2 years from the date of applying.
In addition to the above, the applicant will also be assessed on other factors also, such as:
- The age of the applicant;
- Nature and duration of the applicant’s professional training;
- The age of the applicant’s spouse or common-law partner;
- Language skills of the applicant;
- The personal qualities of the applicant;
- The applicant’s knowledge about Canada, and Quebec in specific.
The processing timelines for Quebec Self-Employed Worker Program can depend on the following factors:
- Overall selection objectives by geography
- Overall selection objectives by immigration category
- The volume of applications for a Québec Selection Certificate submitted from various countries and territories
Once the Québec Selection Certificate (CSQ) is obtained, then applicant can apply to Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for permanent residency.