The Quebec Investor Program gives the opportunity to obtain Canadian permanent residency by making a government-guaranteed, risk-free investment for a period of 5 years. The financing for the investment can be obtained through an approved financial intermediary if the applicant does not wish to finance the investment by himself or herself.
To apply under this program, the applicant must have total a strong intent to settle in the province of Quebec, and assets worth C$1.6 million. These assets can be shared assets too, meaning, it can be shared assets between the applicant and his or her spouse or common-law partner. The applicant must also have experience in management in either one or more of the recognised sectors. The recognised sectors are:
- Farming businesses
- Commercial or industrial businesses
- Legal professional businesses
One specific requirement of this program is that the applicant must have a strong intent to settle in the province of Quebec, and thereby, as per the conditions of this program, must invest an amount of C$800,000 with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) that has been recognised by the Quebec government as a participant in this program. This investment is for a 5-year period, and at the end of the 5-year period, the investment will be returned to the applicant in full, without any interest. Financing for this investment is available through Canadian financial institutions.
To be eligible to apply under this program, the applicant:
- Must have a strong intent to settle in the province of Quebec;
- Must have management experience for the last 2 years;
- Must have total assets worth (along with applicant’s spouse’s or common-law partners’) C$1.6 million;
- Must make a 5-year investment of C$800,000 with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) that has been recognised by the Quebec government as a participant in this program;
- Must pass the medical exam;
- Must pass the security background checks conducted by IRCC.
Attractions of this program:
Below are the main attractions of this immigration program:
- Shared assets: The asset requirement of C$1.6 million can be shared assets, shared between the applicant and his or her spouse or common-law partner. This is not an investment, and the assets only need to be declared in the relevant documents/forms.
- Zero risk investment: The total investment requirement of C$800,000 is FULLY refunded by the Quebec government after a period of 5 years with no interest. The financing for this investment is made available by several Canadian financial institutions.
- All family members in one application: All the family members of the applicant (wife or spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children) are included in the application. They receive the same status as the applicant upon successful processing of the application.
- Benefits of permanent Residence status: The applicant and family members being permanent residents, will receive all the same benefits of Canadian citizens, including free public education, world-class university education, free state-of-the-art healthcare, etc.