The Right Time to Start Searching

The “How” part of this has been covered in the respective page of our website, and this page specifically explains the “When” part when it comes to searching for employment in Canada.


Depending on whether you are inside or outside Canada, the strategy differs. If you are already a permanent resident, or, if you are a Foreign Temporary Worker (FTW) in Canada, or, if you are a graduated international student and has a valid work permit allowing you to work in Canada, then the question of “When?” does not has much significance. All it takes in such a case is how well you portray or present yourself and your job profile to the prospective Canadian employer. Things are different if you are person outside Canada, and is looking for employment opportunities in Canada. One of the basic areas any Canadian employer would be interested in is the exact time you will be available in Canada. This is because, being able to attain a legal status in Canada, and being interested to work in Canada are two different things. The typical Canadian employer will be interested in your profile only if you are in a position to obtain a legal status in Canada. And the best way to obtain this is to explore an immigration option under any one (or more) of the below immigration programs:


  • Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC)
  • Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)
  • Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
  • Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP)


Exploring work options in Canada has its own challenges. If you are looking to work in Canada, the employer who is considering hiring you need to go through the LMIA process. Meaning, the employer need to first prove to Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) that there are no Canadian citizens or permanent residents available to perform the job, because of which the employer is hiring the foreign national. However, the employer doesn’t need to meet this requirement if the job offer you have been offered falls under the LMIA exempt category.


Note: If you already have acquired Canadian work experience in the past, then the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) would be the best option available for you to move to Canada as a permanent resident.


The chances of getting hired is high if you have already received an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency. This is because, having an ITA makes it easier for you to substantiate that you will be coming to Canada in a short period of time, which is one of the key factors when it comes to getting hired.

News & Articles Archive

Canadian Immigration Eligibility Check

Find out the easiest way to CANADA
Pay Online