ACCA equivalency

An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is an assessment of your degree, diploma, or certificate compared to Canadian standards of education.
Kalaiyarasi

ACCA equivalency

Post by Kalaiyarasi » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:32 am

Good afternoon all. I am an ACCA member and don't have any other degree. I have 4 years + in accounting and taxation. I am yet to start my ECA procedure. Can someone please confirm what is equivalency for ACCA in accordance with the Canadian education standard? Should I go forward with WES or any other organizations? please please advice?

Thanking you in advance. :)

Riyaz.Owlspriority

ACCA equivalency

Post by Riyaz.Owlspriority » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:46 am

Hello Kalaiyarasi,

Hope you're doing great! Completion of the exam portion of ACCA is equivalent to a three year degree in Canada. Make sure to get your assessment done through WES as some institutions apparently do not recognize it in the same manner. The procedure is pretty simple. Once you get registered with WES, ask ACCA UK to send your transcripts along with a letter of good standing (a letter confirming that you are a member/affiliate of ACCA) to WES directly. You will also have to send the Professional level and any other certificates you have received from ACCA to WES yourself. Make sure to quote your WES reference number (which you get after registration and payment to WES) on all correspondence.

Hope this answers the question! Thank you.

Kalaiyarasi

Re: ACCA equivalency

Post by Kalaiyarasi » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 am

Thank you so much, Riyaz. This answers all my doubts. :)

zeeshan

Re: ACCA equivalency

Post by zeeshan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 am

Hi my name is Zeeshan sajid and i am an ACCA Affiliate and in process of getting my BSc OBU can somebody tell me if i am not a member will WES be able to give equivalency to me and if yes for how many years and plus which documents should i need to send them for my evaluation.